Support Specialist Responsibilities:
We're looking for 1-2 full-time remote-optional web developers, mostly for backend work. Successful applicants will be excited to use modern webapp development practices to build quality business solutions for clients. Our office is mostly remote, but applicants in the Portland, Oregon area have a home base to work from should they like to.
We're hiring to replace a highly-valued long-lasting coworker who left us for a much larger company. To that end, we have an existing batch of projects that occasionally need support, and existing key clients who we want to quickly train quality developers to be able to work directly with, with the support of the rest of the team. We are not looking for entry-level developers at this time.
Base pay is varied based on experience, valuing direct relevant experience. We offer a health insurance stipend for all full-time workers after three months.
- Respond to a wide variety of programming problems with creative solutions - We have a decade of projects behind us, and occasionally we need to break open an old project to make small updates for our clients.
- Comfortably lead single-developer projects - When we're able to scope a project down to a single developer's purview, we prefer to. Please do not apply if you are not comfortable taking on projects on your own.
- Work well both alone and with teams - It's relatively rare for us that an individual project requires multiple developers, but it does happen!
- Effectively multitask and prioritize between small and large tasks - Our best employees tend to be our most-organized employees.
- Continually and actively increase your knowledge of our entire web stack, independent of your current project - Other developers may be working with an entirely different stack from your current project's, and keeping abreast of each other's work is crucial.
- Influence the direction of future projects based on your personal tech preferences and observations - We like to think that we allow for the 'best' solutions to problems even if it means a change in technology used. If you have strong opinions about a solution and can back it up, that's valuable.
- !!! Strong React + Redux knowledge
- !! HTML/CSS knowledge
- !! Familiarity with consuming REST APIs
- !!! Deep Node.js experience
- !!! Experience with SQL (MSSQL/PostgreSQL) for development
- !! REST API creation and function experience
- !! Understanding of web security (JWTs, XSRF, CSRF, XSS, etc)
- !!! Nginx Proxy configuration experience
- !!! Strong troubleshooting skills
- !! Basic Networking (Opening ports, VPN access, etc) experience
- ! Familiarity with Windows Server and MSSQL installation and configuration
- ! Understanding of web security (specifically knowledge of how to work with SSL/TLS certificates)
- ! An active, ongoing passion for web and/or software development.
- ! English fluency, and the legal ability to work in the US - We are absolutely not taking applications from outside of the USA at this time.
Please do not apply if you do not meet all of the above requirements.
- !!! Experience with SAP Business One - 90% of our projects interface with SAP Business One in some way. Experience with it would be a huge boost to any qualified candidate.
- !!! Experience with any major ERP system - SAP B1 aside, knowledge with the process and function of any major ERP system is valuable.
- !!! Accounting knowledge/vocabulary - Likewise, a familiarity with accounting systems or processes consistently proves valuable for our developers.
- !! Experience with CI/CD systems - We'd love to adopt faster practices!
- ! Located in Oregon. - We're happy to hire fully-remote workers and have no plans to return to office-only work, but we also like to occasionally see our coworkers in person.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!